By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/19/14
No. 1 Malvern Prep and No. 2 Haverford School meet for the third time tonight in the Inter-Ac Invitational championship game at Cabrini College (7 p.m.) as the Friars seek a perfect season. This week’s rankings:
2. Haverford School (20-5) Prev: No. 2- The second-seeded Fords get another shot at their arch-rivals. They’ll need to make adjustments after the way Malvern’s attack moved the ball in the title-clincher 10 days ago.
3. Salesianum School (13-1) Prev: No. 3- The top-seeded Sals open playoff action in Delaware Tuesday when they host 16th seed Delaware Military Academy at Baynard Stadium in Wilmington at 7 p.m.
4. Bishop Shanahan (17-1) Prev: No. 5- The second-seeded Eagles face Radnor in the District 1 semifinals at Henderson (5 p.m.) on Tuesday.
5. Springfield-Delco (17-3) Prev: No. 8- The Cougars came of age in Saturday’s masterful win over Penncrest; can they repeat it Tuesday in the semis against Avon Grove (Henderson, 7 p.m.).
6. Penncrest (19-1) Prev: No. 4- The top-seeded Lions must win twice to make states; they host Central Bucks East Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the first playback.
7. Avon Grove (15-4) Prev: No. 7- The Devils play Springfield-Delco Tuesday in the district semis at 7 p.m. at Henderson.
8. Radnor (15-3) Prev: No. 9- The Raiders face Bishop Shanahan Tuesday in the District 1 semifinals at Henderson (5 p.m.)
9. St. Augustine Prep (15-5) – Prev: NR- The Hermits have won eight straight games – including wins over La Salle. St. Joseph’s Prep, Chatham, Immaculata, Lawrenceville and Moorestrown – since a one-goal loss to Malvern Prep at Katie Samson.
10. Central Bucks East (17-4) Prev: No. 6- The Patriots play Tuesday night at Penncrest in the District 1 playbacks.
11. Garnet Valley (15-5) Prev: No. 11- The Jaguars host Upper Dublin Tuesday in the District 1 playbacks.
12. Upper Dublin (16-4) Prev: NR – The Cardinals made the District 1 quarterfinals with a lineup chock full of sophomores. They grew up quickly in their second-round win over Ridley.
13. Manheim Township (20-1) Prev: No. 15- The Blue Streaks face Carlisle in the District 3 semifinals Tuesday.
14. La Salle (11-7) Prev: No. 10- The Explorers face Archbishop Wood today in the Catholic League semifinals.
15. Shawnee (15-1) Prev: No. 14- The Renegades host Jackson Memorial Tuesday in a South Jersey Group III second-round playoff.
Under consideration: Abington (15-5), Clearview Regional (15-3), Conestoga (11-8), Episcopal Academy (8-13); Great Valley (13-4), Holy Ghost Prep (12-7), Owen J. Roberts (16-6), Parkland (17-4), Ridley (14-5), Spring-Ford (19-3), Seneca (15-3), St. Augustine Prep (12-5), St. Joseph’s Prep (13-4), Wilson West Lawn (22-0), Wissahickon (15-5).