By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/5/14
No. 2 Garnet Valley takes aim on a an outright Central League championship this week when it finishes its game vs. Conestoga today and also takes on Upper Darby on Tuesday. The Jags are leading host Conestoga, 9-6, with 17:56 to play in their game suspended from Thursday.
2. Garnet Valley (13-1) Prev: No. 2- The Jaguars can clinch the Central League title outright by defeating Conestoga (today in a game they lead 9-6 with 18 minutes to play) and Upper Darby (Tuesday) this week.
3. Springfield-Delco (14-2) Prev: No. 3 – The Cougars can wrap up at least the second seed in the Central League with a win Tuesday at Haverford High.
4. Harriton (10-5) Prev: No. 4 – The Rams will finish with the third seed out of the powerful Central League.
5. Archbishop Carroll (13-2) Prev: No. 5 – The Patriots find out where they stand Thursday when they play at No. 2 Garnet Valley.
6. Agnes Irwin (16-1) Prev: No. 6 - The Owls, winners, of 13 straight games, host Notre Dame Tuesday in the Inter-Ac.
7. Episcopal Academy (11-3) Prev: No. 7 – EA plays at Germantown Academy Tuesday in the Inter-Ac.
8. Radnor (12-4) Prev: No. 8 – The Raiders close their Central League season Tuesday at Marple Newtown.
9. Manheim Township (16-2) Prev: No. 9 – The Blue Streaks finished their regular season and the favorite to win the Lancaster-Lebanon League crown.
10. Great Valley (12-1) Prev: No. 10 The Patriots look to finish a suspended a game today vs. Henderson (Pats are leading 12-8), and down Kennett (Tuesday) and Unionville (Thursday) to claim their third straight Ches-Mont League crown.
11. Strath Haven (11-5) Prev: No. 11 – The Panthers close their Central League season Tuesday at Harriton.
12. Downingtown East (13-2) Prev: No. 12 – The Cougars host Unionville Tuesday in the Ches-Mont League.
13. Boyertown (14-3) Prev: No. 13- The top-seeded Bears take on host Upper Perkiomen today in the PAC-10 semifinals at 6 p.m.
14. Cape Henlopen (7-4) Prev: No. 14 – The Vikings have lost four out-of-state games by two goals or less – the latest was a heartbreaking 12-11 double-OT loss to Bishop Ireton (VA) on Friday.
15. Lenape (12-1) Prev: No. 15 - The Indians have won nine straight games.
Under consideration Bishop Shanahan (8-4), Central Bucks West (10-4), Clearview Regional (8-4), Conestoga (8-7), Downingtown West (11-5), Germantown Academy (8-6), Haverford High (11-6), Hatboro-Horsham (12-4), Henderson (11-2), Merion Mercy (8-2), Shawnee (8-4), Souderton (14-1), Spring-Ford (13-3), Unionville (11-3), Villa Maria Academy (9-2)
Tags: Garnet Valley