By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/28/14
Two classic first-place battles will be held Thursday when Penncrest hosts Radnor in a Central League matchup of undefeateds, La Salle hosts St. Joseph’s Prep in a Catholic League showdown and Bishop Shanahan hosts Avon Grove for first place in the Ches-Mont League.
1. Malvern Prep (16-0) Prev: No. 1- The Friars play Tuesday at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy.
2. Haverford School (13-4) Prev: No. 2- The Fords host Penn Charter on Tuesday.
3. Salesianum School (8-1) Prev: No. 3- The Sals play Tuesday at St. Mark’s.
4. Penncrest (14-0) Prev: No. 4- The Lions host Radnor Thursday in a Central League game for first place. Both teams are 8-0
5. Bishop Shanahan (8-1) Prev: No. 5- The Eagles host Avon Grove Thursday in a battle for first place in the Ches-Mont League
6. Central Bucks East (12-2) Prev: No. 6- The Patriots play at No. 2 Haverford School on Thursday.
7. Avon Grove (9-3) Prev: No. 7- The Red Devils play Thursday at Bishop Shanahan for first place in the Ches-Mont.
8. St. Joseph’s Prep (9-3) Prev: No. 9- We will find out a lot Thursday when the Hawks play at La Salle for the Catholic League regular season lead.
9. Radnor (11-1) Prev: No. 10- The Raiders meet fellow undefeated foe Penncrest Thursday on the road.
10. Shawnee (10-0) Prev: No. 12- The Renegades host rival Cherokee on Wednesday.
11. Ridley (8-3) Prev: No. 14- The Green Raiders play Tuesday at Conestoga.
12. Conestoga (9-3) Prev: No. 15- The Pioneers host Ridley Tuesday and play Thursday at Garnet Valley.
13. Garnet Valley (8-3) Prev: No. 13- The Jaguars host Conestoga Thursday and Avon Grove on Saturday.
14. Springfield-Delco (9-3) Prev: No. 8- The Cougars play Thursday at Ridley.
15. La Salle (6-5) Prev: No. 11- The Explorers host St. Joseph’s Prep on Thursday in their annual Catholic League showdown.
Under consideration: Abington (10-3), Episcopal Academy (4-10); Great Valley (9-3), Holy Ghost Prep (7-5), Manheim Township (13-1), Spring-Ford (14-2), Upper Dublin (11-2), Wilson West Lawn (16-0).