Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/19/14
The Philadelphia Lacrosse Association is now accepting nominations for candidates for induction into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame (Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter). The Class of 2015 will be recognized at the PLA’s Hall of Fame Banquet in February 2015 at the Whitemarsh Valley Country Club.
The PLA hosts the banquet every two years to honor the great players, coaches, officials, promoters and others, both men and women, who have made significant contributions to the game in Pennsylvania and are deserving of the highest recognition.
Nominations forms for candidates under consideration must be completed and submitted to the PLA by May 31, 2014. Hall of Fame Nomination/Questionnaire Forms may be obtained by contacting: Michele Doyle, Chair (HOF Women’s Division) at Doyle1342@aol.com; or Robert Lynn, Chair (HOF Men’s Division) at email@example.com. Nominees should represent the highest degree of excellence and dedication to the game of lacrosse in one or more of the following categories that have been established by US Lacrosse:
1. A truly great player who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years in Pennsylvania;
2. A truly great player in Pennsylvania;
3. A truly great coach who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years in Pennsylvania;
4. A truly great coach in Pennsylvania;
5. An official/umpire who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years in Pennsylvania;
6. A talented Pennsylvania player who has made a truly great contribution to society;
7. An individual who has demonstrated long, dedicated and exceptional service to the game of lacrosse in Pennsylvania (no more than one candidate in this category can be inducted per class); or
8. A qualified individual in Pennsylvania whose career in or involvement with lacrosse was completed at least 25 years prior to the current year and who in the committee’s opinion may have been overlooked or otherwise is deserving of the highest recognition.
To be considered for nomination, candidates must:
• Be at least ten years beyond their normal or original projected college/university graduation date. Those graduates from 2004 or earlier are eligible for consideration for the Class of 2015 (college attendance or graduation is not a requirement for Hall of Fame consideration); and
• Have a completed and detailed questionnaire on file with the nomination committee (letters of support may accompany the nomination form).
The Class of 2015 Hall of Fame will be selected in the fall of 2014 following a balloting process, consideration by the PLA Hall of Fame Nominating Committees and a vote by the PLA Board of Directors, based on the recommendations of the Nominating Committee. Please forward all letters of support with the completed nomination form by the end of May to the attention of the Hall of Fame Committee Chairs listed on the form.
The names, pictures and lacrosse biographies of inductees will be posted in the Hall of Fame section of the PLA and US Lacrosse websites. Their names will also join previous Hall of Fame inductees on plaques located with other lacrosse-related memorabilia in display cases at the “Wall of Fame,” which is located at United Sports in Downingtown.
Over 300 attendees are expected for the event in February 2015. Tickets will be available in November 2014. Please pass this information on to potential candidates and their sponsors.