By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/6/14
The 2014 season has arrived with snow-filled fields and much optimism.
So, without further adieu, here are our Phillylacrosse.com Preseason Rankings.
1. Haverford School (15-7) - The Fords have more Division I recruits than one can count, but molding this unit is the key for coach John Nostrant.
2. Malvern Prep (16-2) - The Friars look to repeat as Inter-Ac League champions.
3. Salesianum School (17-2) - The three-time Delaware state champion Sals seek to cement their reputation as a national power.
4. Avon Grove (21-4) - The defending District 1 champions have many key returnees.
5. Conestoga (15-11) - Can the Pioneers reach the state finals for the sixth straight year?
6. St. Joseph’s Prep (12-8) - The Hawks take aim on a Catholic League crown again.
7. Central Bucks East (15-4) – The Patriots are the early favorite in the Suburban One Continental Conference.
8. La Salle (23-2) - Don’t cry for the defending state champions, who lost a number of standout seniors but have an impressive group of talented youngsters.
9. Penncrest (14-6) - The Lions have a senior-laden team and should challenge for a Central League crown.
10. Upper Dublin (18-3) – The Cards had a brilliant group of freshmen last year; now as sophomores they make UD a contender.
11. Episcopal Academy (15-6) - The Churchmen lost some key personnel, but reload with some excellent young talent.
12. Springfield-Delco (13-8) - The Cougars have the tools to challenge for a Central League crown.
13. Bishop Shanahan (13-4) - The Eagles are again a major contender in the Ches-Mont League.
14. Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (12-8) - The Devils have continued to improve to re-entering the Inter-Ac.
15. Penn Charter (12-13) - The Quakers start off with a very tough schedule once again, but have the capability of being a factor in the Inter-Ac.
Under consideration: Abington (15-5), Downingtown East (14-8), Garnet Valley (18-7), Great Valley (18-6), Hatboro-Horsham (15-4), Hempfield (15-6), Holy Ghost Prep (13-5), Lawrenceville School (13-7), Manheim Township (21-3), Moorestown (16-3), Radnor (18-5), Ridley (15-5), St. Augustine Prep (12-8), Shawnee (19-5), Spring-Ford (15-5)