Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/9/13
Registration remains open for the Liberty Lacrosse Shootout, a popular youth lacrosse tournament in Malvern, Pennsylvania, which will take place June 8th and 9th. Over 100 boys and girls youth teams are expected to participate in the Shootout, which will feature teams from Greater Philadelphia, Central PA, Lehigh Valley, New Jersey, Delaware and New York.
The registration deadline is Friday. There is still room but don’t delay, registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis (subject to level of interest and balancing of brackets).
• 3 games guaranteed, playoffs follow pool play for teams that advance;
o Boys — U9, U11, U13, U15
o Girls — U11, U13, U15
o Two levels (A/B) are available in each age group to permit teams to find the optimal level of competition;
o Saturday, June 8th – U9 and U13 Teams
o Sunday, June 9th – U11 and U15 Teams
• Sportsmanship recognition given to teams based on input from officials and Tournament staff and marshals;
• Shootout venues are exceptional, the staging and set-up is highly professional:
o The GCVSA Line Road Complex includes 8 sprinklered fields immediately adjacent to scenic and protected land in historic Willistown Township, Chester County;
o The West Chester East High School venue features a turf field and 6 well-groomed grass fields;
• The event is organized with meticulous detail by tournament operators whose credits include The Patriot Games and the recent Chapter Challenge;
• Team tents will abound along the perimeter of the properties. Get situated, get comfortable, enjoy the spirit of the game!
• Count on a great day of lacrosse and camaraderie in a fun and festive atmosphere, featuring good competition, food, refreshments, Vendor Village, a Fan Zone and periodic clinics and contests.
You can visit the Liberty Shootout Information page in the first instance for additional details regarding age groups, relevant dates, tournament philosophy (Honor the Game!) and general parameters (see http://libertylacrosse.com/tournament.shtml). To register as a team, kindly visit the event’s registration page (see https://mytournamentregistration.com/libertylacrosse/). Please register soon!
If you have any questions, please contact Tournament Director Scott Growney at email@example.com. Don’t miss the chance to converge at the Shootout and “Cradle in the Cradle of Liberty!”