Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/7/13
From Press Release
Registration is limited for the 2013 Girls Philly Showcase Camp for high school lacrosse players. The event focuses both on lacrosse education and exposure to college coaches.
The Philly Girls Showcase Camp is based on two principles – Education and Exposure. The Showcase Camp will feature a staff of 12-to-16 prominent college coaches chosen because they enjoy educating, coaching and working with players to improve their games.
The Camp will also feature educational seminars off the field on topics including the college recruitment process, NCAA rules, strength training, and nutrition. Second, Showcase Camps are designed to allow participants to showcase their abilities in front of the college coaches through game play and small-group instructional sessions.
Philly Showcase Camp participants will leave better educated not just on the lacrosse field, but also better educated about the college recruitment process, NCAA rules, strength training, and nutrition. Campers will additionally have the experience of living on a college campus and experiencing for a few days the life of a college lacrosse player. All players will also receive Nike reversible jerseys and Nike Dash Track & Field shorts.
Players will additionally have the opportunity to stay in the beautiful, century-old dorms at Westtown School, enjoy school facilities including the pool during downtime, and enjoy evening barbecue picnics on the lawn.
All players in the high school graduation classes of 2014-17, who are serious about playing college lacrosse at the Division I, II or III level, are encouraged to register for the Philly Showcase Camp. Registration for the Philly Girls Showcase Camp is open at ShowcaseLacrosse.com.
About the Philly Girls Showcase Camp
The Philly Girls Showcase Camp will take place July 16-18, 2013 at the Westtown School. The Camp will be directed by Kate Henwood, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at the University of California-Davis and co-directed by Jenn Cook, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Princeton University. The Philly Girls Showcase Camp is open to lacrosse players in the high school graduating classes of 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Additional confirmed lead instructors at the Philly Girls Showcase Camp include:
• Kelly Barnes, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, St. Joseph’s University
• Regan Bosch, Director of Operations for Women’s Lacrosse, University of Southern California
• Corrine Drost, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Lafayette College
• Mike Faith, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Franklin & Marshall
• Juliana Jeffers, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Temple University
• Amanda Kammes, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, UC-Davis
• Courtney Lubbe, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Columbia University
• Brianne LoManto, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, University of Massachusetts
• Allison McWilliams, Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Haverford College
Registration for the Philly Girls Showcase Camp is ongoing and space is limited. For registration, schedule, faculty profiles and faculty commitment updates, and all other information about the Camp, go to ShowcaseLacrosse.com.