Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/26/13
Registration spots are becoming limited for the Chapter Challenge, a regional youth lacrosse festival for boys and girls that will feature good competition, camaraderie and sportsmanship on the pristine and spacious grounds of the Brandywine Polo Club in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Already over 70 teams have signed up and the event could sell out. Register now to reserve your spot (visit www.chapterchallenge.net):
• Dates – April 20/21, 2013
o Boys U9 (1st/2nd grades)
o Boys/Girls U11 (3rd/4th grades)
o Boys/Girls U13 (5th/6th grades)
o Boys/Girls U15 (7th/8th grades)
o Divisions will feature two or more brackets to help teams find the appropriate level of play
• U9, U11 and U13 Boys’ teams will play on Saturday, April 20th.
• All Girls’ teams and U15 Boys’ teams will play on Sunday, April 21st.
• Registration fee – $475 (all teams will play 3 games with certified officials on meticulously-staged tournament fields)
• Participating teams will receive a special promotional code that will permit any person associated with the team to purchase one or more group seating tickets to the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships at Lincoln Financial Field over Memorial Day Weekend at the group rate (not the higher rate for purchases that do not qualify for group pricing, a savings of $10 per ticket). We expect to have a similar arrangement for the NCAA Women’s Championships, which Villanova University is hosting.
• Registration Deadline: April 5, but it could be closed out by then!
THE CHALLENGE: The Event will raise money for the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the chapter of US Lacrosse responsible for promoting the growth and development of the game in Eastern Pennsylvania (www.palacrosse.com). The PLA provides programs/services to members of the lacrosse community, including clinics for coaches/officials, and makes grant funding and technical expertise available to new programs. The PLA has provided over $300,000 to help underwrite lacrosse initiatives in the region (including efforts to grow the game in the City Philadelphia).
• In connection with the Event, we are “challenging” participating teams to solicit and identify a sponsor to make a contribution to support the work of the PLA (recommended contribution of $200, though any greater or lesser amount would be appreciated). Each team and its Challenge Partner will be recognized in press releases, on the PLA website and on other lacrosse websites such as Phillylacrosse.com.
o If teams from other US Lacrosse chapters take part, the PLA will earmark their Challenge Partner proceeds to their local chapter!
• We are also “challenging” teams to collect used lacrosse sticks, which can be donated at the Event, restrung and ultimately recycled for donation and used to promote lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong Foundation, which is donating its distinctive lime green mesh, in connection with this “HEADstring” initiative.
• The NCAA will donate a portion of the Championship Weekend ticket proceeds generated through the promotion to the PLA to support youth lacrosse.
The PLA hopes program directors and teams will accept the “Challenge” and join together to help raise money and recycle lacrosse sticks to support the work of the PLA (and other US Lacrosse chapters), which have helped to seed and grow the game in their chapter territories!