By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/26/13
Conestoga made the big headlines last weekend by opening with an 11-9 OT win over host Vero Beach in Florida.
1. Moorestown (0-0) Prev: No. 1 – The Quakers, expected again to challenge for the Tournament of Champions title after going 26-0 last year, open April 1 vs. Cinnaminson.
2. Radnor (0-0) Prev No. 2 – The Red Raiders lost to powerful St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes in California on Sunday in what counts only as a scrimmage for them. Today they are at California power Carondelet (8-0).
3. Strath Haven (1-0) Prev: No. 3 – The Panthers started with an easy win over Bishop Shanahan.
4. Conestoga (1-0) Prev: No. 4 – The Pioneers should gain much confidence from the win over Varo Beach.
5. Harriton (2-0) Prev: No. 5 – The Rams are playing a tough Barron Collier (12-0) foe today in Naples, Fla.
6. Shawnee (0-0) Prev: No.6 – The Renegades open at rival Lenape on April 2.
7. Archbishop Carroll (0-0) Prev: No.7 – The Patriots are a favorite for their 13th straight Catholic League crown.
8. Manheim Township (1-0) Prev: No. 8 – The Blue Streaks are the class of Central PA once again.
9. Springfield-Delco (2-0) Prev: No. 9 – The Cougars’ depth and balance is showing early on.
10. Great Valley (1-0) Prev: No. 10 – The Patriots are again the Ches-Mont favorite.
11. Garnet Valley (1-0) Prev: No.11 – The Jaguars have a tough game today vs. Maryland power Good Counsel at home.
12. Cape Henlopen (1-0) Prev: No. 12 – The Vikings opened their season with their 30th straight victory, a 9-8 win over Holy Cross (MD).
13. Notre Dame (0-0) Prev: No.13 – The Irish will again fight with Episcopal Academy for the Inter-Ac crown.
14. Hatboro-Horsham (0-0) Prev: No. 15 – The Hatters are a favorite in the Suburban One Continental.
15. Episcopal Academy (0-2) Prev: No. 14 – EA can only benefit by playing mighty McDonogh School (Md.) early on.
Under consideration: Clearview Regional (0-0), Henderson (1-0), Lenape (0-0), Upper Dublin (1-0), Washington Township (0-0).