By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/28/13
The PIAA tournament opens Wednesday and some highly-ranked teams will be eliminated as many District 1 square off in the opening round and Radnor faces Archbishop Carroll.
1. Moorestown (21-0) Prev: No. 1 – The Quakers host Notre Dame Wednesday for the South Jersey Group III championship.
2. Harriton (21-2) Prev: No. 4 – The District 1 champion Rams face Conestoga in the first round of the PIAA tourney Wednesday at West Chester East (7 p.m.).
3. Springfield-Delco (19-4) Prev: No. 3 – The Cougars meet Strath Haven Wednesday in the PIAA tourney at West Chester East (5 p.m.).
4. Radnor (17-4) Prev No. 2 – The Red Raiders play neighborhood rival Archbishop Carroll Wednesday at Neumann University at 4 p.m.
5. Strath Haven (18-4) Prev: No. 5 – The Panthers must defeat Garnet Valley – the team it fell to in overtime in last year’s state final – on Tuesday to qualify for states.
6. Conestoga (17-6) Prev: No. 6 – The Pioneers play Harriton in the first round of states Wednesday at West Chester East at 7 p.m.
7. Archbishop Carroll (16-5) Prev: No. 8 – The Patriots play Cardinal O’Hara today in the Catholic League title game at Neumann (6 p.m.) as they seek their 13th straight crown.
8. Boyertown (20-4) Prev: No. 9 – The Bears tackle Manheim Township at Exeter High at 6 p.m.
9. Episcopal Academy (16-4) Prev: No. 10 – EA won its ninth straight Inter-Ac League championship and third straight Independent Schools tourney championship.
10. Cape Henlopen (17-1) Prev: No. 11 – The Vikings won their fifth straight Delaware state championship.
11. Garnet Valley (16-6) Prev: No. 7 – The Jaguars – probably the best team around that did not make states – will be dethroned this year after two straight state championships.
12. Shawnee (16-2) Prev: No. 13 – The Renegades host Eastern in the South Jersey Group IV finals Wednesday in their third meeting this year.
13. Eastern (16-1) Prev: No. 15 – The Vikings travel to Shawnee for the South Jersey Group IV title Wednesday.
14. Manheim Township (20-4) Prev: NR – The Blue Streaks won the District 3 championship and open state play vs. Boyertown at Emmaus Wednesday at Exeter (6 p.m.).
15. Friends’ Central (19-3) Prev: No. 14 – The Phoenix won their fourth straight Friends School League championship and reached the PA State Independent tourney finals.
Under Consideration – Germantown Academy (14-8); Great Valley (18-4); Hatboro-Horsham (16-3); Henderson (15-4), Kennard-Dale (22-2); Kennett (15-5); Merion Mercy (15-4), Mount St. Joseph (15-4), Notre Dame (11-8)