By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/1/13
La Salle won a huge game for itself and Philly lacrosse Saturday when it ventured to Long Island and knocked off Garden City, 7-4.
But the elite competition continues this week when the No. 1 Explorers travel to No. 7 Episcopal Academy Tuesday and then host Gilman School (MD) of the mighty MIAA Friday night at Drexel University (7 p.m.).
1. La Salle (2-0) Prev: No. 1 – The Explorers have no time to celebrate their victory over defending “National Champion” Garden City as they travel Episcopal Academy Tuesday and host Gilman School (MD) Friday night at Drexel University (7 p.m.).
2. Malvern Prep (2-0) Prev: No. 2 – The Friars were off last week and host St. Mary’s Annapolis (MD) Tuesday and Salesianum School Thursday.
3. Radnor (3-0) Prev: No. 4 – The Red Raiders open their Central Lleague season Tuesday at home vs. Lower Merion.
4. Penn Charter (5-3) Prev: No. 5 – The Quakers have won five straight games and host Colorado power Cherry Creek Tuesday.
5. Haverford School (2-3) Prev: No. 6 – The Fords look like a different team than the pone that opened with three straight losses. They host St. Joseph’s Prep Tuesday.
6. Episcopal Academy (2-3) Prev: No. 7 – The Churchmen rebounded nicely from several losses with an 8-1 win over Downingtown East and host La Salle Tuesday and St. Joseph’s Prep on Friday.
7. St. Joseph’s Prep (2-1) Prev: No. 8 – The Hawks took a tough loss to Loyola Blakefield (MD) on Saturday and look to bounce back quickly Tuesday at Haverford School.
8. Conestoga (0-2) Prev: No. 3 – The Pioneers look to bounce back from a tough start when they host Upper Darby Tuesday in their Central League opener.
9. Ridley (2-0) Prev: No. 9 – The Green Raiders open Central League play Tuesday at home vs. Haverford High.
10. Great Valley (2-1) Prev: No. 10 – The Pats open Ches-Mont League play Thursday at home vs. Downingtown East.
11. Salesianum School (1-0) Prev: No. 11 – The Sals, looking for national exposure, play Thursday at No. 2 Malvern Prep and Saturday at St. Stephen’s & St Agnes (VA).
12. Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (5-0) Prev: NR – The Blue Devils are a great unknown, but their 6-5 win over Manheim Township Saturday at the Rivalry Games is proof they are going to cause many teams problems in the Inter-Ac this year.
13. Moorestown (0-0) Prev: No. 14 – The Quakers open this morning at 11 a.m. No. 14 St. Augustine Prep – the game will be live streamed by AccessLacrosse.
14. St. Augustine Prep (0-0) Prev: No. 15 – If you are off today, check out the live stream at 11 a.m. between the host Hermits and Moorestown on AccessLacrosse.com.
15. Avon Grove (3-0)Prev: NR – The Devils look to be a contender in the Ches-Mont League.
Under consideration: Abington (2-1), Bishop Shanahan (2-0), Central Bucks East (2-0), Downingtown East (1-2), Manheim Township (2-1; Owen J. Roberts (2-0), Penncrest (1-0).
Tags: La Salle