By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/29/13
Episcopal Academy takes aim on its first Inter-Ac League championship since 1998 as it looks to clinch at least a tie for the title this week. Wins over Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (Tuesday, home) and Malvern Prep (Friday, away) would accomplish the feat.
1. Episcopal Academy (12-3) Prev: No. 1 – The Churchmen have won 11 straight and can clinch at least a tie for the Inter-Ac title this week.
2. Malvern Prep (10-1) Prev: No. 2 – The Friars play at Penn Charter on Tuersday and then host Episcopal Academy Friday in a game they must win to stay in the race for an Inter-Ac title.
3. La Salle (11-2) Prev: No. 3 – The Explorers play arch-rival St. Joseph’s Prep Friday night at St. Joseph’s University.
4. Haverford School (9-6) Prev: No. 4 – The Fords have lost three of four and look to rebound at home Tuesday vs. Germantown Academy.
5. Radnor (12-2) Prev: No. 5 – The Red Raiders have a key Central League game Tuesday vs. Sp[ringfield-Delco at home.
6. Salesianum School (9-2) Prev: No. 6-The Sals have a big week, hosting 9-1 St. Mark’s today and then playing Tuesday at DC IAC power Georgetown Prep.
7. Moorestown (9-0) Prev: No. 7 – The Quakers play at Immaculata Wednesday and then at Strath Haven Saturday night in the “Play for As” benefit.
8. Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (12-3) Prev: No. 15 – The Blue Devils play Tuesday at No. 1 Episcopal Academy.
9. Manheim Township (14-1) Prev: No. 10 – The Blue Streaks remain undefeated in Lancaster County games.
10. Avon Grove (10-2) Prev: No. 8 – The Red Devils have key Ches-Mont games this week, Tuesday (Downingtown West) and Friday (at first-place Bishop Shanahan).
11. St. Joseph’s Prep (8-5) Prev: No. 11 – The Hawks play Tuesday at Cardinal O’Hara and then host La Salle Friday night at St. Joseph’s University.
12. Ridley (10-3) Prev: No. 12 – The Green Raiders host Conestoga Tuesday.
13. Garnet Valley (9-4) Prev: No. 13 – The Jaguars play at Conestoga on Tuesday ands at Avon Grove on Thursday.
14. Penn Charter (9-10) Prev: No. 9 – The Quakers hope to snap a four-game losing streak Tuesday when they host No. 2 Malvern Prep in an Inter-Ac game.
15. Bishop Shanahan (9-2), Prev: NR – The Eagles play at Avon Griove Thursday in a key Ches-Mont League game.
Under consideration: Central Bucks East (11-2), Conestoga (7-7); Downingtown East (8-5), Great Valley (8-3), Hatboro-Horsham (9-3); Hershey (14-1), Kennett (9-3); Lawrenceville School (8-4), Penncrest (9-3), Springfield-Delco (9-4), Upper Dublin (11-1).
Tags: Episcopal Academy