By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/20/13
It’s a busy week for champions: The Inter-Ac Invitational and Catholic League champions will be crowned Wednesday and the District 1 champion will be decided Thursday.
1. Malvern Prep (15-1) Prev: No. 1 – The top-seeded Friars face fourth-seeded Lawrenceville School today at 5 p.m. at Cabrini in the Inter-Ac Invitational semifinals.
2. La Salle (16-2) Prev: No. 2 – The Explorers host Cardinal O’Hara today in the Catholic League semis at 4 p.m.
3. Episcopal Academy (14-5) Prev: No. 3 – The second-seeded Churchmen face third-seeded Haverford School today at 7 p.m. at Cabrini in the Inter-Ac Invitational semis. The Fords knocked EA out of a league co-championship 10 days ago.
4. Haverford School (12-7) Prev: No. 4 – The Fords get a shot today to make the Inter-Ac Invitational for the fifth time in the five years the event has been held.
5. Salesianum School (13-2) Prev: No. 5-The top-seeded Sals face fifth-seeded St. Mark’s Wednesday in the Delaware state semifinals at a site and time to be determined.
6. Radnor (17-3) Prev: No. 6 – The top-seeded Red Raiders play host in the semifinals Tuesday to Central League rival Garnet Valley at 7:30 p.m.
7. Avon Grove (17-3) Prev: No. 14 – The 10th-seeded Red Devils have qualified for states for the first time and play four-time defending District 1 champion Conestoga at 5 p.m.
8. Conestoga (12-8) Prev: No. 8 – The third-seeded Pioneers are shooting for their fifth District 1 crown in the five years the tourney has been played.
9. Garnet Valley (16-5) Prev: No. 12 – The fifth-seeded Jaguars play league rival Radnor at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the District 1 semis.
10. Moorestown (14-2) Prev: No. 7 – The top-seeded Quakers earned a first-round bye in the Group III South playoffs and host Kingsway Tuesday.
11. Upper Dublin (18-2) Prev: No. 9 The fourth-seeded Cardinals host No. 12 Great Valley in a loser-goes-home playback game Tuesday at 4p.m.
12. Great Valley (16-5) Prev: No. 13 – The eighth-seeded Patriots need to beat Upper Dublin Tuesday and win the fifth-place game to return to states.
13. Lawrenceville School (13-6) Prev: NR– The fourth-seeded Big Red face a stern test tonight against Malvern Prep in the Inter-Ac Invitational semifinals.
14. St. Joseph’s Prep (11-7) Prev: No. 10 –The Hawks face Archbishop Wood today in the Catholic League semis at the Agnes Irwin turf field next to Archbishop Carroll.
15. St. Augustine Prep (11-7) Prev: NR – The Hermits play Paul VI Tuesday in the Non-Public playoffs.
Under consideration: Abington (15-5); Allentown Central Catholic (12-5); Archbishop Wood (13-5); Bishop Shanahan (13-4), Carlisle (17-1): Central Bucks East (15-4), Central Bucks South (14-6); Downingtown East (13-7), Hatboro-Horsham (15-4); Hershey (19-2); Manheim Township (19-2); Penn Charter (12-13); Penncrest (14-6), Ridley (15-5); Springfield-Delco (13-7), Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (12-7.