Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 11/22/13
From Press Release
NXTsports seeks qualified applicants for the position of Director of NXTevents.
The Director of NXTevents is a division head-level position within NXTsports. The Director, NXTevents shall oversee all aspects of NXTsports’ expanding group of youth tournaments.
Major duties include:
• Oversee and thoroughly organize event marketing, team outreach; and data organization and management;
• Aid in development of the NXTexperience for all events; including vendor acquisition and communication; collaboration on sponsorships; and providing creative insight on tournament experience enhancement;
• Management of event budget process;
• Handle on-site execution of events following NXT protocols, manage event staff, work jointly with venue staff and local partners
• Communicate with NXT Chief Technology Officer on use of technology to maximize user event experience
• Coordinate and share best practices with other NXT division heads
This position includes substantial amounts of travel, including, but not limited to: site-visits, event administration, conferences and conventions, and press engagements.
The ideal candidate possesses event management experience, excellent organizational skills, proficiency with technology and social media, excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills, the ability to multi-task and handle several assignments simultaneously, and the personality to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Familiarity with sporting events and the sport of lacrosse is strongly preferred.
The Director, NXTevents shall report to Robin Baxter, NXTsports’ VP, Events.
Compensation consists of a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an extensive health and dental benefits package, and participation in a company 401(k) plan. Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of introduction to Robin Baxter (email@example.com) by Wednesday, December 11.