Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/21/13
From Press Release
Cradle Lacrosse, NXTsports’ educational program for the area’s youngest lacrosse players, is excited to announce six different Spring season sessions.
Cradle Lacrosse is designed to teach basic lacrosse skills to 4-8 year-old boys and girls in a fun, energizing and supportive environment. Cradle Lacrosse provides all the necessary equipment for the kids so there is nothing for parents to buy, and the curriculum is designed to teach the basics of lacrosse to youngsters in an age-appropriate and fun way.
All Cradle Lacrosse programs are co-ed, and Cradle features a co-ed coaching staff at each session. Cradle’s young and enthusiastic coaching staff is comprised strictly of former college lacrosse players, many of whom are current educators and also coach lacrosse at the high-school level. We invite you to come out and see why over 500 kids in the last year have participated in the Philadelphia area’s best and fastest-growing youth lacrosse program.
The 2013 Cradle Lacrosse spring sessions will be held at:
• Bucksmont Indoor Sports Center, Hatfield, PA. For boys and girls age 4-8. Sundays from 1-2pm. Six-week session began Sunday, March 10. (PROGRAM IS SOLD-OUT)
• United Sports, Downingtown, PA. For boys and girls age 4-8. Saturdays from 10-11am. Six-week session begins Saturday, April 13.
• Friends Select, Philadelphia, PA. For boys and girls age 4-8. Saturdays from 10-11am. Six-week session runs from Saturday, April 6 to Saturday, May 18 (no class April 27)
• Germantown Academy, Fort Washington, PA. For boys and girls age 4-8. Saturdays from 4-5pm. Six-week session begins Saturday, April 13.
• Shipley School, Bryn Mawr, PA. For boys and girls age 4-8. Sundays from 10-11am. Six-week session begins Sunday, April 14.
• Episcopal Academy, Newtown Square, PA. For boys and girls age 4-8. Sundays from 10:30-11:30am. Six-week session begins Sunday, April 14.
There is limited space still available in all sessions except for the sold-out Bucksmont location. All participants will receive a free Cradle Lacrosse shirt. Additional information and registration details are available at CradleLacrosse.com.
NXTsports and Cradle Lacrosse are also excited to announce the following special features taking place as part of this spring’s Cradle Lacrosse line-up:
• Each Cradle location will feature a special visit from a member of the Philadelphia Wings. Confirmed Wings players who will be attending Cradle sessions include Brett Manney, Pat Heim and Kevin Crowley. These professional players will serve as special guest Cradle coaches, and also will sign autographs and take pictures with all the participating kids.
• Cradle is proud to announce a partnership with Cradles to Crayons. Cradles to Crayons is a Conshohocken-based non-profit dedicated to providing homeless and low-income children from birth through age 12 with the essential items they need to thrive at school and at home. Cradle Lacrosse will be holding special clothing drives on behalf of Cradles to Crayons at each of its locations this spring. More information will be posted shortly on CradleLacrosse.com regarding what items to donate and how to get involved.