Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/5/13
Tryouts will be from 1-4 pm both days, and all interested players are highly encouraged to attend both sessions.
Registration for tryouts is http://nxtlacrosse.com/clubs/nxt_tryout/”>available HERE.
NXT Lacrosse Club is NXTsports’ high school lacrosse club and in three years of existence has emerged as a national force on the elite club circuit. NXT L.C. is different from other lacrosse clubs because of the few players it accepts, a commitment to year-round training and skill development, a commitment to ongoing advice and communication regarding the college recruiting process, and an ability to place players in the most elite recruiting events in the country, many of which are hosted and run by NXTsports.
The NXT 2017 Coaching Staff
Marty Kupprion will serve as head coach of NXT’s new 2017 team. Coach Kupp played at Episcopal Academy and at the University of Delaware. He currently serves as Assistant Varsity Lacrosse coach at Episcopal, and formerly coached at Lower Merion High School and for the Dukes Lacrosse Club. For the last three years Marty served as Head Coach of NXT’s 2014 team, NXT Lacrosse Club’s which first-ever squad. Has played an integral part in developing NXT into a nationally renowned program, and under his leadership to date nine members of the 2014 club have committed to play Division I lacrosse.
He will be assisted by Mike Avato and Chris Williams. Avato played at Drexel University, and has worked with Coach Kupp for the last two years as defensive assistant with the 2014 team. Williams played Division I lacrosse at Bellarmine University, and was previously the head boys’ lacrosse coach at St. Joseph’s High School in South Bend, Indiana. Additionally, Mickey Hover, head men’s lacrosse coach at Immaculata University, will serve as the team’s goalie coach, and John Bodnar shall be the face-off specialist coach. More detailed biographical information on all NXT coaches can be found at http://nxtlacrosse.com/staff/.
The NXT 2017 Selection Process
NXT will select twenty-four players to make up its 2017 team. NXT does not field B teams. The team selection shall be made solely through the tryout process taking place September 14-15, no outside information about players shall be considered.
The NXT Lacrosse Club Fall Schedule
NXT places its players and teams only in events that offer the best possible combinations of elite competition and exposure. The fall of 2013 will be no different. NXT will participate in team and positional practices at Episcopal Academy beginning September 26, and will play in the Terp Classic, Quaker Laxfest, UPLAX, the NXT Philly Charity Showdown at Citizens Bank Park, The NXT Philly Invitational, and The Philly Freshman Invitational. Additionally all NXT players are guaranteed access to the Philly Showcase, the nation’s best-attended college showcase event.
Generally Players entering the NXT Lacrosse program can expect the following:
• NXT will train year-round at the professional-grade facilities at Episcopal Academy in Newtown Square. NXT will practice outdoors on turf in the Fall and Summer, and indoors in EA’s fieldhouse during the winter. Players are expected to commit to the practice schedule. Practice plans will be distributed in advance of every practice, and players are expected to attend practice prepared to improve.
• NXT will participate in a full schedule of fall and summer tournaments during the November and June/July club circuit windows. NXT will also incorporate box lacrosse concept training during the winter and will participate in at least one box tournament.
• NXT players are guaranteed access to participate in the Philly Showcase, the nation’s leading and best-attended Fall recruiting event. The 2012 Philly Showcase was attended by 176 college coaches.
• Under the terms of NXT’s relationship with Nike, NXT players will be outfitted exclusively in Nike uniforms and apparel.
• Under NXT’s arrangement with Next Level Video, starting this fall every game played by every NXT team will be professionally filmed in Broadcast Quality HD from an elevated angle. All NXT players will have access to video and to seasonally updated highlight reels.
• All players and their families are expected to participate in regular meetings at the NXTsports offices at the end of each season to recap player development goals and college plans.
• NXT selects players at the beginning of their ninth grade year and commits to working with them throughout high school. NXT players are not ever asked to “re-tryout.” Once accepted, the only players who ever are asked to leave are those who cannot commit to NXT’s program.
All players interested in becoming part of NXT are encouraged to attend tryouts. Registration for tryouts is available at NXTLacrosse.com. There is a $30 tryout fee designed to cover facility and staff costs. All players attending tryouts will receive a NXT Lacrosse Club custom numbered reversible that is theirs to keep.
Finally, please be aware that NXT’s system is not for everyone. There are many excellent club lacrosse programs in the area, and if you wish to play for one of them NXT fully understands. However NXT commits fully to its players and expects a similar commitment in return.