Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 7/6/13
NXT Sports seeks a head coach for the NXT Lacrosse Club 2017 team. NXT Lacrosse is a three-year old club program based in Newtown Square, PA. NXT Lacrosse is focused on player development and skill building through an organized and highly professional approach to practices, and through passionate and knowledgeable instruction. NXT Lacrosse trains year-round at Episcopal Academy, one of the best high school facilities in the nation.
Tryouts for the NXT 2017 team will take place in September 2013 at Episcopal Academy. Last year over 150 players tried out for the NXT 2016 team, and that team has established itself as one of the best in the region. The NXT 2017 team will consist of 24-26 ninth graders in the class of 2017, who are willing to commit to the program year-round.
– Direct all on-field activities for the team;
– Commit to offering developmental feedback to players and families, up to and including personal developmental meetings with all players;
– Work closely with the NXT coaching directors to formulate practice plans and distribute practice plans to players in advance;
– Applicant must be willing to commit to NXT’s year-round practice and tournament schedule. 2013-2014 schedule consists of weekly practice September to November, and 3-4 fall tournaments; weekend indoor practice December through February and 1-2 indoor box tournaments; and summer practice May through July with a full summer tournament schedule;
– Highly competitive salary
– All travel costs to and from events covered
– All club apparel provided
– Opportunity to work other NXTsports events if desired
– A current or former lacrosse player highly knowledgeable about the sport
– Coaching experience required, head coaching experience preferred
– Genuine interest in working with and developing young lacrosse players
– Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; able to communicate equally well with kids and parents;
– Able to commit to a year-long program
– Have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
– Teaching experience is a plus
For more information about NXTsports and the NXT Lacrosse Club check out www.iamnxt.com and www.nxtlacrosse.com.
To apply or for more information send an introductory email and a resume to:
Philadelphia Regional Director, NXT Lacrosse