Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/22/13
From Press Release
The Colonial Athletic Association today announced that the 2013 CAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship dates have been changed to Wednesday, May 1 for the semifinals, and Friday, May 3 for the CAA championship game.
The eighth-ranked Nittany Lions of Penn State (10-3, 5-0), who have clinched the number one seed in the 2013 CAA Championship with their final regular season game coming up this Saturday night (April 27) at Hofstra, will host the conference tournament in University Park.
The first semifinal will be held at 3 p.m. with #1 Penn State facing the fourth-seed, who will be decided this weekend. The second semifinal will be held at approximately 5:30 p.m. with #2 Drexel (10-3, 5-1) facing #3 Towson (7-7, 3-2). The championship game will be played on Friday, May 3 at 3 p.m.
Entering the final weekend of the regular season, three teams, including the Hofstra Pride (7-6, 2-3), remain in contention for the fourth and final spot in the CAA Championship. Massachusetts (6-7, 1-4) and Saint Joseph’s (5-9, 1-4) are also in the hunt for that final sport.
With UMass hosting Delaware (5-9, 1-4) in Amherst Friday night at 7 p.m., Towson hosting Saint Joseph’s Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m., and Hofstra hosting Penn State in Hempstead Saturday night at 7 p.m., here are the tie-breaking scenarios for the championship tournament fourth seed:
– If Hofstra, UMass and Saint Joseph’s are tied at 2-4: Teams went 1-1 in games against each other. SJU earns the #4 seed based on its win over #3 Towson.
– If Hofstra, Delaware, and Saint Joseph’s finished tied at 2-4: Hofstra becomes the No. 4 seed based on its 2-0 record against UD/SJU.
– If Hofstra and UMass finish tied at 2-4: UMass earns the No. 4 seed based on head-to-head.
– If Hofstra and Delaware finished tied at 2-4: Hofstra earns the No. 4 seed based on head-to-head.
– If Towson and Hofstra finished tied at 3-3: Towson is the No. 3 seed and Hofstra earns the No. 4 seed based on head-to-head.
Tags: Penn State