Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/30/13
From Press Release
Registration for The Match (www.maxlax.com), a unique recruiting showcase/skills clinic that focuses on elite players targeting Division II and III colleges, will remain open until Friday, October 4th. Interested participants are encouraged to register as soon as possible, as space is limited. The specifics:
• DATE/LOCATION/FORMAT: Sunday, October 20th at The Hill School in Pottstown, PA (on two newly constructed turf fields and adjacent grass surfaces, providing for an intimate, convenient and efficient setting or players and attending coaches). The event will begin later in the morning to permit day-trips. Players will have a chance to showcase their talents in a concentrated fashion in drills, short-sided games and showcase scrimmages before an attentive audience of Division II/III coaches.
• STRONG RESPONSE: The response from players registering for the event has been strong. Nearly 100 student-athletes have been accepted to play so far, and close to that number are being reviewed in the first three weeks of sign-ups. Registrations have arrived from applicants in CT, MA, MD, NJ, NY, PA and VA.
• APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application period for all registrants will close on Friday, October 4th, at which time interested players should have completed their on-line registration and confirmed that their coach (HS or club) has also completed the required on-line nomination process. Applications that are completed after October 4th will be placed on the waiting list. Applicants who have been accepted to participate will have until October 7TH to pay their registration fee. After that, players on the waiting list will be invited to fill any open slots.
• CANDIDATES FOR THE EVENT: Specifically designed for highly recommended players (2014-2017 graduation years) who are (or have the potential to be) strong Division II/III candidates – athletically and academically. All players must be nominated by a high school or club coach. Coaches are asked to let players who fit the profile know, whether by nominating them or otherwise passing on the information. To nominate a player, please click here: https://mytournamentregistration.com/matchlax/userinfo.php?user=mmwisz1&ID=9549.
• COLLEGE COACHES ATTENDING: Over 25 coaches have registered or indicated their plans to attend the event. Click here for the latest list. All coaches will be given MatchBooks™ (with rosters, contact information, schedules and other data) to help them with their assessments.
• THE PHILOSPHY – FOCUS ON THE FIT!: The name “The Match” is in recognition of some realities of today’s harried recruiting world and a reminder to student-athletes to be diligent and strategic in their search to find the right fit. Players can find outstanding lacrosse, happiness as a player, and great academics at schools in the Division II/III world. Strong players, in particular, have the opportunity to leverage their lacrosse talents to get the best education they can, while competing at a very high level.
• REQRUITME BONUS: Participating players will receive a FREE 1-year ReQRuitme mobile profile subscription (a $149 value), which will give coaches mobile access to a player’s academic and athletic profile, as well as pictures, video and other information – all in real time.
• TIMING: The Match precedes the established Division I recruiting events and the hype of the November circuit. Participation in those events may still be a part of a player’s game plan. The Match, however, gives serious college lacrosse prospects the chance to acclimate themselves to the competition while playing before an impressive array of DII/III coaches.
For more information about The Match, to register as a player or a coach, or to nominate one or more qualified players, please visit www.matchlax.com.
The Match will be run by Heritage Lacrosse, whose founders include Chris Bates, Pat Carney and Scott Growney. Bates, the Head Men’s Coach at Princeton, is a director of the King of the Hill Tournament – one of the top team recruiting camps in the country. Carney and Growney, together with Bates, also run The Patriot Games, which featured 214 teams from 13 states and Canada this past July. They are also coaches in the highly-regarded Mesa Fresh Lacrosse travel program.