Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 10/21/13
From Press Release
The Fourth Annual Philly Girls Showcase, presented by Nike Lacrosse, will take place Saturday, November 9 on the beautiful campus of the Westtown School, in West Chester, PA.
The Philly Girls Showcase will feature over 200 elite players from the graduation classes of 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Registration for the event remains open at ShowcaseLacrosse.com, though there is limited space remaining.
Highlights of the Philly Girls Showcase exciting and unique format include:
• Each participant is placed on a team for the day, coached by a prominent local high school coach, and will play three games in the morning session;
• All players receive a custom Nike pinnie for the event;
• All players participants will attend a skills clinic run by Emma Hamm (Duke 2012, All-American, Captain) & Kim Wenger (Duke 2012, All-American, Captain);
• All games at the Philly Girls Showcase are professionally filmed in Broadcast Quality HD from elevated cameras, & a complete video package is available for all participants;
• The Philly Girls Showcase will conclude with the Philly Girls Showcase Fab Forty All-Star Game;
• The Fab Forty All-Stars are selected by an evaluation panel comprised of legendary coaches, including Phyllis Kilgour (Radnor), Kim Jackson (Henderson), and Pam Wernersbach (Boyertown).
Said Brett Manney, Director of Showcase Lacrosse, “The Girls Philly Showcase is drawing more and more top talent from around the country. We have girls traveling to Philly for the event from thirteen states and from as far away as Atlanta and Seattle, as well as many good players from the traditional hotbeds in the northeast. College coaches love the opportunity to see some the nations top players assembled in one location.”
Showcase Girls Lacrosse events have been attended by many other top NCAA Division I, II, and III women’s lacrosse programs in the past. Programs that have pre-registered or attended previously include Notre Dame, Penn, Temple, Johns Hopkins, North Carolina, St. Joseph’s, Lafayette, Princeton, Delaware, UMass, Cal Davis, Cal Berkeley, Vanderbilt, Hofstra, Rutgers, Columbia, West Chester, Jacksonville, Washington & Jefferson, Haverford, La Salle, Stevenson, San Diego State, Marquette, Lynchburg, Gettysburg, Ursinus, Bridgewater, Franklin and Marshall, Kings, Muhlenberg, Lebanon Valley, Centenary, Monmouth, Cabrini, Neumann, and George Mason.
Registration Status: Registration for the Philly Girls Showcase remains open. High school lacrosse players in the graduation classes of 2014, 2015, 2016 an 2017 who desire to play college lacrosse are encouraged to register quickly for the Philly Girls Showcase at: http://showcaselacrosse.com/phillygirls/