Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/21/13
The Trashcan Lacrosse summer camp season officially starts Monday, June 24 with Andy Hayes’ Trashcan Lacrosse Camp at Episcopal Academy. All Trashcan Lacrosse camps are designed for boys age 8-14 of all skill levels and focus jointly on skill development and ensuring that every player who attends has success and a lot of fun. The Trashcan curriculum maximizes the “touches” players get while truly improving their fundamental skills.
All participants at Trashcan Camp will receive a Trashcan Nike reversible jersey and other Nike giveaways. The Camp will also feature daily games, Trashcan Lacrosse tournaments, awards and prizes.
Registration for Trashcan Lacrosse Camps is open at TrashcanLacrosse.com. Trashcan Lacrosse Camps run Monday through Friday from 9am-3pm, and the summer 2013 schedule of Philadelphia-area Trashcan Lacrosse Camps is as follows:
• Week of June 24-28. Andy Hayes’s Trashcan Lacrosse Camp at Episcopal Academy, Newtown Square, PA.
• Week of July 8-12. Trashcan Camp run by entire Trashcan staff at United Sports, Downingtown, PA.
• Week of July 15-19. Brett Manney’s Trashcan Lacrosse Camp at George School, Newtown, PA.
• Week of July 22-26. Trashcan Camp run by entire Trashcan staff at Westtown School, West Chester, PA.
• Week of July 29-August 2. Trashcan Camp run by entire Trashcan staff at United Sports, Downingtown, PA.
All Trashcan Camps (except for the George School camp) will feature half-day Cradle Lacrosse sessions for boys and girls age 4-7 that will run daily run from 9am-noon. Cradle Lacrosse focuses on teaching our youngest players the basics of lacrosse in a fun and supportive environment. Registration for Cradle Lacrosse camps, along with more information about Cradle and the Cradle curriculum, is available at CradleLacrosse.com.
All Trashcan Camps and Cradle Sessions will will feature a great lineup of instructors, all experienced and dedicated to youth skill development, including:
• Andy Hayes – Coach Hayes just completed his 9th season as Head Coach at Episcopal Academy in the highly competitive Inter-Ac League. Coach Hayes has designed well-regarded lacrosse training curriculums for all age levels, and frequently lectures at coaching clinics nationwide. He recently was invited to give his lecture – Drills to Play Fast – on the live demo field at the 2013 U.S. Lacrosse Convention.
• Peter Lawrence – Coach Law is the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach at the University of Hartford. In 2011 he led the Hawks to the America East Championship and their first ever appearance in the NCAA Tournament, and was named the New England Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Coach of the Year. Peter is the President of Trashcan Lacrosse and the lead developer of the Trashcan curriculum.
• Brett Manney – Brett is the Assistant Captain of the Philadelphia Wings, he also coaches at Episcopal Academy and serves as head coach for the NXT Lacrosse Club 2016 Team. Brett was a star player at the University of Delaware where he helped the Blue Hens reach the 2007 Final Four. He is also a highly experienced youth instructor great at interacting with kids of all ages.
• Marty Kupprion – Coach Kupp is the NXTsports’ Philadelphia Regional Director and oversees all NXTsports lacrosse educational programming in the region. He also serves as Head Coach of the NXT Lacrosse Club 2014 team and directs the Trashcan Lacrosse Club summer program. Coach Kupp works extensively with kids on skill development, and is a co-author of the Trashcan and Cradle Lacrosse curriculums.
• Dylan Brown – Coach Brown serves as Director of Boys Programming for NXTsports, and oversees all aspects of Trashcan and Cradle educational programming. Dylan also serves as a head coach in the Trashcan Lacrosse Club Program. Dylan is an excellent youth coach and has been instrumental in developing NXT’s educational curriculums for younger players.