By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/6/13
Harriton has its fate in its own hands. The Rams can win the Central League championship with a victory over Strath Haven on the road Tuesday.
Another big Tuesday features No. 1 Moorestown at No. 9 and equally undefeated Shawnee in the battle for South Jersey. Meanwhile, in the Inter-Ac League, Episcopal Academy can take a major step toward clinching the league crown by defeating Germantown Academy at home.
This week’s rankings:
1. Moorestown (15-0) Prev: No. 1 – The Quakers play at No. 9 Shawnee on Tuesday and host No. 5 Conestoga on Thursday.
2. Harriton (15-1) Prev: No. 2 – The Rams can clinch the Central League championship with a victory at Strath Haven on Tuesday.
3. Radnor (12-3) Prev No. 5 – The Red Raiders host Marple Newtown Tuesday in their Central League finale.
4. Springfield-Delco (13-3) Prev: No. 4 – The Cougars host Haverford High Tuesday in their Central League finale.
5. Conestoga (13-3) Prev: No. 3 - The Pioneers lost a shot at a Central League title tie with last week’s loss to Garnet Valley. They play at No. 1 Moorestown on Thursday.
6. Strath Haven (13-3) Prev: No. 6 – The Panthers held their own in a 9-5 loss to No. 1 Moorestown in the “Play for As” benefit on Saturday.
7. Garnet Valley (12-4) Prev: No. 9 - The Jags – winners of seven straight – could cause a lot of trouble in the post-season.
8. Great Valley (14-2) Prev: No. 7 – The Patriots can win the Ches-Mont League crown by winning at Kennett Tuesday and at home against Unionville on Thursday.
9. Shawnee (12-0) Prev: No. 8 - The Renegades host No. 1 and arch-rival Moorestown on Tuesday.
10. Archbishop Carroll (12-4) Prev: No. 10 – The Patriots can finish an undefeated Catholic League season with a win at Archbishop Wood on Tuesday.
11. Cape Henlopen (11-1) Prev: No. 11 – The Vikings saw their 40-game win streak snapped Saturday in an 11-9 loss to Queen Anne’s County (MD). They play Wednesday at Caesar Rodney (9-3).
12. Episcopal Academy (9-3) Prev: No. 12 – EA can all but clinch the Inter-Ac League championship Tuesday with a win over Germantown Academy.
13. Boyertown (15-2) Prev: No. 13 – The Bears are favored to win their 10th straight Pioneer Athletic Conference title.
14. Hatboro-Horsham (12-2), Prev; No. 14 – The Hatters can clinch the Suburban One Continental Conference crown with a win today at Pennridge.
15. Germantown Academy (11-6) Prev: No. 15 – The Pats must win Tuesday at Episcopal Academy to stay in the Inter-Ac title chase.
Under Consideration – Downingtown East (10-5), Downingtown West (12-3), Friends’ Central (11-2), Henderson (11-3), Kennett(12-3), Manheim Township (13-4), Merion Mercy (12-3), Mount St. Joseph (12-2), Notre Dame (9-6), Unionville (11-5)