By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/8/13
The Central League race heats up this week as No. 4 Springfield-Delco hosts No. 3 Conestoga on Tuesday and Conestoga hosts No. 8 Harriton on Thursday.
This week’s rankings:
1. Moorestown (4-0) Prev: No. 1 – The Quakers continue to roll, whipping Colorado power Cherry Creek, 15-4.
2. Radnor (3-1) Prev No. 2 – The Red Raiders dropped a heartbreaking 9-8 decision to DC power Georgetown Visitation at the St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes Spring Fling.
3. Conestoga (4-0) Prev: No. 4 – How good are the Pioneers? We find out this week when they play Springfield-Delco and Harriton.
4. Springfield-Delco (6-0) Prev: No. 6 – The Cougars face a key challenge Tuesday at home vs. Conestoga.
5. Strath Haven (4-1) Prev: No. 3 – The Panthers host Ridley Tuesday in a Central League game.
6. Shawnee (3-0) Prev: No. 8 – We would like to see the Renegades play a PA team; this is a program that has gone 153-19-1 since 2005. Nine of those losses have been to Moorestown.
7. Boyertown (5-0) Prev: NR – The Bears have caught us a little off guard; all reports are that this team is very deep and balanced.
8. Harriton (4-1) Prev: No. 5 – The Rams have a big Central League test Thursday at Conestoga.
9. Great Valley (4-0) Prev: No. 10 – The Patriots host Downingtown West Tuesday in a big Ches-Mont League game.
10. Garnet Valley (3-2) Prev: No. 11 – The Jags lost a couple tight Central League games, but watch out for this young team.
11. Cape Henlopen (3-0) Prev: No. 12 – The Vikings have won 32 straight games. Here is a vote for getting them invited to the Katie Samson Festival next year.
12. Germantown Academy (3-2) Prev: NR – The Patriots break into the rankings with a victory over Notre Dame. This year the race will not just be between ND and Episcopal Academy for the first time in years.
13. Archbishop Carroll (2-3) Prev: No. 9 – The Patriots can only benefit from playing National powers St. Stephen’s (VA) and Milton (GA) – even in defeat, last weekend at the St. Stephen’s Spring Fling. The Pats host No. 2 Radnor on Friday.
14. Episcopal Academy (2-2) Prev: No. 15 – EA has a key Inter-Ac game Friday at No. 12 GA.
15. Merion Mercy (2-0) Prev; NR – The Bears outscored Mount St. Joseph 22-17 in a Catholic Academies showdown.
Under Consideration – Clearview Regional (3-0), Downingtown West (5-1), Hatboro-Horsham (3-1), Manheim Township (4-2), Mount St. Joseph (4-1), North Penn (4-0), Notre Dame (2-1), Unionville (3-1)