By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/14/13
The Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ rankings expand this year to the Top 15 and to include all teams in Delaware and Central PA.
Phillylacrosse.com preseason Boys’ Rankings
1. La Salle (20-5) – The Explorers are a state favorite with a senior-laden squad.
2. Haverford School (21-2) – The Fords are extremely young, but could be a major force by year’s end.
3. Conestoga (23-3) – After winning three straight state titles, the Pioneers have earned the right be ranked high regardless of high losses to graduation.
4. Radnor (18-8) – The Red Raiders return a lot of experience after reaching the state semifinals.
5. Episcopal Academy (18-5) – EA suffered a loss to highly-regarded St. Stephen’s and & St. Agnes in its opener, but will surely be a favorite in the Inter-Ac.
6. Malvern Prep (8-10) – Goalie Matt Barrett is making a nice recovery from knee surgery and the Friars have a load of seniors as well as a familiar face as the new coach.
7. St. Joseph’s Prep (13-7) – The Hawks look to regain the Catholic League championship.
8. Ridley (16-4) – The Green Raiders seek to challenge in the Central League.
9. Great Valley (14-10) – The Patriots finished strong in 2012 and return a solid nucleus as a Ches-Mont favorite.
10. Salesianum School (16-3) – The Sals seek their third straight Delaware state championship.
11. Downingtown West (22-2) – The Whippets lost a good number of players from an undefeated Ches-Mont team, but reload under a new coach.
12. Downingtown East (14-6) – The Cougars also should challenge in the Ches-Mont League.
13. Hatboro-Horsham (18-4) – The Hatters should again be a Suburban One power.
14. Moorestown (12-5) – The Quakers seek to make their mark in South Jersey with a large group of returnees.
15. St. Augustine Prep (13-6) – The Hermits play a number of top Philly teams, including Haverford School, La Salle, St. Joseph’s Prep, Penn Charter and Garnet Valley as well as Salesianum and Moorestown.