Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 7/29/12
United Sports in Downingtown has an opening for the following lacrosse leadership position:
Position Title: Women’s Lacrosse Director
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Classification: Full Time
Compensation: Salary plus bonus structure
Description: Responsible for women’s lacrosse program development at United Sports. Achieves United Sports objectives by developing, growing and coordinating quality tournament, league, camp and clinic opportunities within the lacrosse marketplace. Contribute to the profitability of United Sports by promoting and implementing diverse events, by budget accountability and meeting revenue projections; maintain staff by identifying and recruiting qualified candidates; ensure all United Sports and employee policies and procedures are consistent by training, communicating and familiarizing self and others.
If interested please contact Kim Basner, COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are required to have the following:
• Appropriate and documented professional experience.
• Three professional references.
• Availability to work evening, weekend hours as required
• Knowledge of the local, regional and national youth and high school lacrosse market
• Strong organizational, management and sales skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel. And software used to manage the event.
• Expected to maintain current certification in Basic First Aid (Amercian Red Cross) and CPR (Amercian Red Cross or Amercian Heart Association) or equivalent.
Candidates are required to do the following:
• Coordinate programs (camps and clinics), events (leagues and tournaments), and special projects within the department by staffing, managing, and forecasting budgets.
• Coordinate aspects of tournament development including but note limited to team recruitment, college coach recruitment, staffing, event execution, referee coordination, field scheduling, etc.
• Development and execution of marketing plan to grow tournament offerings and revenues
• Contribute and monitor programs/events by working cooperatively with other program directors and facility staff to maximize effectiveness of each program/event.
• Monitor program/event progress and initiate recommendations.
• Identify problems areas and development of a troubleshooting plan.
• Maintain and manage staff by identifying and recruiting qualified candidates
• Maintain various spreadsheets, website, word documents, accounting records, schedules, brochures and calendars.
• Communicate in a timely manner with the Senior Program Director, regarding scheduling, facility usage and support needs.
• Promote the United Sports lacrosse events by contributing to the development and implementation of the United Sports marketing and promotion plan; actively participate in all public relations efforts.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with the lacrosse industry trends.
• Networking with participants, vendors and competition.
• Take an active role in the local lacrosse community affairs through implementing a lacrosse club team, volunteer work, and special events, ect.