Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 7/24/12
United Sports in Downingtown has an opening for the position of Men’s Lacrosse Program Director.
Details are as follows:
Position Title: Men’s Lacrosse Program Director
Compensation: Base Salary + Bonus Structure
Reports To: Senior Program Director
Description: Responsible for men’s lacrosse program development and program sales at United Sports. Achieve United Sports’ objectives by developing and coordinating quality programming opportunities within the local lacrosse marketplace. Contribute to the profitability of United Sports by promoting, selling, and implementing diverse events, by budget accountability and meeting revenue projections; maintain staff by identifying and recruiting qualified candidates; ensure all United Sports policies and procedures are consistent by training, communicating and familiarizing self and others.
Candidates are required to have the following:
• Appropriate and documented professional experience
• Three professional references.
• Availability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
• Knowledge of the mid-Atlantic area (PA, DE, MD, and NJ) youth, high school and men’s lacrosse market.
• Strong organizational, management and sales skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Expected to maintain current certification in Basic First Aid (Amercian Red Cross) and CPR (Amercian Red Cross or Amercian Heart Association) or equivalent.
Candidates are required to do the following:
• Coordinate programs (camps and clinics), events (leagues and tournaments), and special projects within the department by driving sales, staffing, managing, implementing, and forecasting budgets.
• Contribute and monitor programs/events by working cooperatively with other program directors and facility staff to maximize effectiveness of each program/event.
• Monitor program/event progress and initiate recommendations.
• Identify problems areas and development of a troubleshooting plan.
• Recommend necessary changes for enhancement or discontinuance.
• Maintain and manage staff by identifying and recruiting qualified candidates
• Maintain various spreadsheets, website, word documents, accounting records, schedules, brochures and calendars.
• Communicate in a timely manner with the Senior Program Director, regarding scheduling, facility usage and support needs.
• Promote the United Sports lacrosse events by contributing to the development and implementation of the United Sports sales, marketing and promotion plan; actively participate in all public relations efforts.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with the lacrosse industry trends.
• Take an active role in the local lacrosse community affairs through implementing a lacrosse club team, volunteer work, and special events, etc.
• Eligible for health benefits
• Eligible for 401 K program
• Two weeks paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Flexible hours
• Team environment
If interested please contact John Hatt, Senior Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org