Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/3/12
NXT Sports seeks a head coach for the NXT Lacrosse Club 2016 team. NXT Lacrosse is a two-year old club program based in Newtown Square, PA.
NXT Lacrosse is focused on player development and skill building through an organized and highly professional approach to practices, and through passionate and knowledgeable instruction. NXT Lacrosse trains year-round at Episcopal Academy, one of the best high school facilities in the nation.
Tryouts for the NXT 2016 team will take place in September, 2012 at Episcopal Academy. Last year over 150 players tried out for the NXT 2015 team, and that team has established itself as one of the best in the region. The NXT 2016 team will consist of 26-28 ninth graders in the class of 2016 willing to commit to the program year-round.
– Direct all on-field activities for the team;
– Commit to offering developmental feedback to players and families, up to and including personal developmental meetings with all players;
– Work closely with the NXT coaching directors to formulate practice plans and distribute practice plans to players in advance;
– Applicant must be willing to commit to NXT’s year-round practice and tournament schedule. 2012-2013 schedule consists of weekly practice September to November, and 3-4 fall tournaments; weekend indoor practice December through February and one indoor box tournament; and summer practice May through July with a full summer tournament schedule;
– Highly competitive salary
– All travel costs to and from events covered
– All club apparel provided
– Opportunity to work other NXTsports events if desired, such as the Philly Showcase
– A current or former lacrosse player highly knowledgeable about the sport
– Coaching experience required, head coaching experience preferred
– Genuine interest in working with and developing young lacrosse players
– Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written and oral communication skills; able to communicate equally well with kids and parents;
– Able to commit to year-long program
– Have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
– Teaching experience a plus
To apply or for more information send an introductory email and a resume to:
Philadelphia Regional Director, NXT Lacrosse