By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/16/11
The District 1 tournament opens Tuesday and the quarterfinals of the Inter-Ac Invitational is Wednesday while play opens Friday in the Catholic League/District 12 tourney and Inter-Ac Invitational quarterfinals are Wednesday.
Yes, the playoffs are here.
Here are this week’s Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ Rankings.
1. Haverford School (20-0) – The top-seeded Fords, who won the Inter-Ac League crown for only the second time with an undefeated record, host Hill School Wednesday in the Inter-Ac Invitational. Prev: No. 1
2. Conestoga (17-1) – The Pioneers, champions of the Central League, have a first-round bye as the top seed in the District 1 tourney. They hosts the winner of Hatboro-Horsham and Owen J. Roberts Thursday. Prev: No. 2.
3. Malvern Prep (12-5) – The second-seeded Friars, runners-up of the Inter-Ac, host Shipley School Wednesday in the Inter-Ac Invitational. Prev: No. 6
4. La Salle (12-5) – The Explorers, leading the Catholic League, close their regular season Tuesday at home vs. Archbishop Wood. Prev: No. 4
5. Central Bucks East (17-1) – The Patriots, winners of the Suburban One Continental Conference, have the No. 2 seed and a bye for the District 1 tourney. They host the winner of Bishop Shanahan vs. Methacton on Thursday. Prev: No. 10
6. Germantown Academy (14-4) – The thied-seeded Patriots host Inter-Ac foe Penn Charter Wednesday in perhaps the most interesting Inter-Ac Invitational quarterfinal. Prev: No. 3
7. St. Joseph’s Prep (14-4) – The Hawks, who are second in the Catholic League, await a foe for next Tuesday’s semifinals. Prev: No. 5
8. Downingtown West (17-1) – The Whippets, winners of their first outright Ches-Mont League crown, have the No. 3 seed and a first-round bye for the District 1 tourney. They host the winner of Unionville and Penncrest on Thursday. Prev: No. 7
9. Penn Charter (11-10) – The Quakers look to avenge two lopsided Inter-Ac League losses (20-10 and 14-7) to Germantown Academy when they travel to Ft. Washington Wednesday in the Inter-Ac Invitational quarterfinals. Prev: No. 9
10, Avon Grove (14-2) – The Devils, who tied for second in the Ches-Mont, host Bicentennial League champion New Hope-Solebury in the first round of District 1 play Tuersday. Prev: No. 8
Honorable mention: Abington (13-5), Downingtown East (13-5), Emmaus (14-5), Garnet Valley (14-4) Great Valley (14-4), Radnor (11-7), Ridley (15-3), Shipley School (14-2), Spring-Ford (18-2).