Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 1/24/11
Keating Lacrosse is holding a President’s Day Shooting Clinic on Monday afternoon, Feb. 21, for youth boys’ players [grades 5 through 8] at the BucksMont Indoor Sports Center in Hatfield.
The Clinic Director is Dan Keating, an Assistant Lacrosse Coach at Lehigh University and a former Duke University midfielder. Keating also was head coach at St. Joseph’s Prep and Malvern Prep.
Purpose of Clinic:
• Shooting: To teach the fundamental movements of shooting through a variety of drills and exercises. Personalized instruction and maximum amount of repetition is our focus. We break down the art/science of shooting into its most basic form. We encourage players of all positions to attend, even defensemen. Bring your long poles!
• Players should anticipate a progressive approach to learning different ways to shoot and play offense: catch and shoot, shooting on the run, dodging and shooting, and other offensive principles. Shooting is about mass repetition!
Cost of Clinic:
• The cost of the clinic is $40.00. Payment and registration are handled through the BucksMont website: www.bucksmontisc.com
Age Groups and Times:
• 5th-6th graders: 1:00-3:00. Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the clinic for check-in.
• 7th-8th graders: 3:00PM-5:00PM. Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the clinic.
Level and ability:
• Players of all abilities are welcome. Never undermine the value of the fundamentals of lacrosse. We teach many of the same drills and principles that Division One men’s lacrosse players learn in practice each day.
• Bring a bottle of water
• Full equipment (helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, stick, mouth guard)
• Wear a reversible practice jersey
• Sneakers, cleats, turf shoes will be fine
Contact Information and Registration
• Dan Keating: email@example.com
• For more info on Dan Keating: www.keatinglacrosse.com