Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 10/25/11
Local Coaches Clinics offered:
Boys’ lacrosse coaches clinic, United Sports in Downingtown, Thursday, Oct. 27 from 7-8:30 p.m. with the team from Relentless Lacrosse and other head college coaches from the Philly area. The clinic is free.
Coaches: Brett Moyer, Bill McGlone, Michael Colleluori, Relentless Lacrosse Coaching Staff; Jake Plunket, Head Coach at Albright College; Brendan Dawson, Head Coach at Widener University
7:00 – 7:20PM – Session 1: “Offensive Concepts” Presented by Bill McGlone
Covering offensive triangle motions with the alley system, as well as general concepts such as pass, pass, dodge
7:20 – 7:40PM – Session 2: “Defense” Presented by Brett Moyer
Teaching the proper approach to the 6 offensive positions on the field where players look to initiate play
7:40 – 8:00PM -Session 3: “Keeping Up The Pace” Presented by Brendan Dawson
Developing offensive and defensive drills for the beginning of practice to keep pace up and players moving
8:00– 8:20PM – Session 4: “Creating More Dynamic Stick Drills” Presented by Jake Plunket
Implementing passing drills with more game-like situations, movement, and execution
8:20 – 8:30PM – Question and Answer with the guest Clinicians
Coaches’ Social with appetizers and drinks will follow the Clinic at
Aviators Restaurant inside United Sports.
US Lacrosse Level 1&@ coaches clinics, hosted by the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, will be held in November. The Level 1 clinic will be on Sunday, November 6th at United Sports in Downingtown and the Level 2 coaches clinic will be on Saturday, February 11th, 2012 at the Palmer Community Center in Palmer, PA (Lehigh Valley). Both clinics are open to boys’ and girls’ coaches. Breakfast and lunch are included with your registration.
Please contact Tim Udinski (email@example.com) of the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association with questions about the clinics.
US Lacrosse Level 1 Coaching Clinic
Saturday, Nov. 19, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hershey Christian School – Hershey, Pa.
This clinic will be hosted by US Lacrosse. Click here for registration.
• The Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 Workbook, available ONLY at US Lacrosse CEP Clinics; includes skill breakdown, error detection and correction, drills and activities
• US Lacrosse goodie bag
• US Lacrosse issued Certificate of Attendance
• Personalized, practical instruction from a certified US Lacrosse trainer
• Tips, tricks, and ideas to enhance your coaching now and for years to come
• Clinics are seven to eight hours in length
• Clinics feature a combination of classroom lessons and on-field practical experience
• Clinics contain three sections:
– Coaching theory and development
– Teaching individual skills
– Teaching team tactics
• Clinics are geared toward coaches of any experience who work with beginning players