By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/15/11
The final Phillylacrosse.com Girls’ Rankings for 2011 are based on overall record, wins against other ranked teams, and post-season success.
This final rankings:
1. Garnet Valley (24-3) – The Jaguars, despite having only one senior starter, shocked everyone and won their first Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association championship. They also shared the Central League title with three other teams and placed second in District 1.
2. Downingtown East (25-2) – The Cougars won the Ches-Mont League crown, the District 1 title and reached the state finals.
3. Springfield-Delco (21-4) – The Cougars shared the Central League title and placed third in District 1.
4. Great Valley (21-4) – The Patriots reached the PIAA semifinals and placed fourth in District 1.
5. Episcopal Academy (17-4) – EA finished as the undefeated champion of the Inter-Ac League and the winner of the Pennsylvania Independent school tournament.
6. Harriton (20-4) – The Rams placed fifth in District 1 and shared a piece of their first Central League title with three other teams.
7. Archbishop Carroll (18-4) – The Patriots won their 11th straight Catholic League championship and advanced to the second round of states.
8. Boyertown (19-6) – The Bears placed sixth in District 1 and won their eighth straight Pioneer Athletic Conference title.
9. Radnor (14-6) – The Red Raiders shared the Central League title and had big wins over No. 1 Garnet Valley, No. 2 Downingtown East and No. 6 Episcopal Academy.
10. Notre Dame (14-4) – The Irish placed second in the Inter-Ac League.
11. Upper Dublin (17-7) – The Cardinals advanced to the PIAA tourney for the first time and won their fourth straight Suburban One American Conference championship.
12. Conestoga (12-7) – The Pioneers went 8-3 in the rugged Central League.
13. North Penn (18-2) – The Maidens won their fifth straight Suburban One League championship.
14. Council Rock North (15-5) – The Indians won the Suburban One National Conference crown for the second straight year and reached the District 1 quarterfinals.
15. Hatboro-Horsham (16-3) – The Hatters placed second in the Suburban One Continental Conference and reached the second round of districts.
16. Strath Haven (12-7) – The Panthers went 6-5 in the Central League, including a win over No. 1 Garnet Valley, and advanced to the second round of the District 1 tourney.
17. Haverford High (12-8) – The Fords finished 6-5 in the Central League and advanced to the second round of the District 1 tourney.
18. Merion Mercy (15-5) – The Bears won their third straight Athletic Association of Catholic Academies championship.
19. Villa Maria Academy (14-5) – The Hurricanes reached the Athletic Association of Catholic Academies title game and defeated No. 11 Upper Dublin.
20. Archbishop Wood (13-6) – The Vikings reached the Catholic League finals.
21. Methacton (14-7) – The Warriors advanced to the PAC-10 finals.
22. Avon Grove (13-6) – The Red Devils placed third in the Ches-Mont League.
23. Henderson (13-6) – The Warriors tied for fourth in the Ches-Mont League.
24. Bishop Shanahan (9-7) – The Eagles tied for fourth in the Ches-Mont League.
25. Baldwin School (12-7) – The Bears finished third in the Inter-Ac League.
Tags: Garnet Valley