Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 11/21/11
The Duke’s Lacrosse Club is hosting its annual College Recruiting Meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 30 from 7-9:30 p.m. at Harriton High.
The event is open to the public.
The guest speaker is Maryland head coach John Tillman.
General Topics to be covered:
– Type of Athlete/Student.
– Grades, SATS, PSATS, Testing et al.
– Website links and NCAA Rules.
– Do’s and Don’t of college recruiting.
– Creating a College Contact Binder and getting started.
– Creating Cover letter with Accompanying Athletic Accomplishments Resume and Scholastic Accomplishments Resume.
– Picking a College with a review for Location, Cost, Major/Academics, Lacrosse Level, Campus Size and Social, Lacrosse Coach, Team, Player and Scheme of Play review – all to determine fit for Student/player.
– Contacting Colleges & College Coaches. Primary Contact and Important Timelines/Dates in Recruiting and Admissions.
– Transcripts, Aid/Scholarship Forms and Filing.
– Contact calls and Visits.
– Unofficial and Official Visits.
– Commitment to College.
– Tony Panichelli as additional speaker
-Coach Mike Mackrides on Lacrosse family, dealing with College coaches and recruiting Process.
-Chris Spahr on Dukes website and access to Links and NCAA REGS.
– Q & A with individual Speakers and Guests.