Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 2/16/11
Alvernia University and Albright College are hosting the inaugural Berks County Lacrosse Coaches Clinic on Sunday, February 27th, in the Shander Room at Alvernia University. The Shandler Room is located in the school’s Physical Education Center.
The clinic is being sponsored by the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association to help promote the growth of lacrosse in Berks County and to help raise awareness for the programs at Alvernia University, which features new head coach Richard Carrington, and Albright College, which, under Coach Jake Plunket, will field a men’s lacrosse program for the first time in the 2012 season.
The clinic is free for youth and high school coaches or anyone interested in attending. Coaches who are current members of US Lacrosse can receive 3 continuing education credits through US Lacrosse for attending any of these clinics. There will be a registration table at the clinic for coaches interested in receiving credit.
Details regarding the clinic are as follows:
* 8:30 Continental Breakfast (courtesy of the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association)
* 8:50 – Richard Carrington , Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, Alvernia University – Welcome to Alvernia
* 9:00 – Jake Plunket, Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, Albright College – Face-Off Technique: Before, During, and After
* 10:00 – Buzz Lynn, Philadelphia Chapter US Lacrosse Hall of Fame Official: 2011 Youth and High School Lacrosse Rules Every Coach should Understand
* 11:00 – Richard Carrington, Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, Alvernia University – Developing practice & game plans with limited numbers
A drawing will be held for door prizes (must be present to win)
Attendees should arrive early for the breakfast. Please register to attend by contacting Coach Carrington at Richard.Carrington@alvernia.edu.