Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 1/8/10
From Press Releases
The Rosemont College Athletic Department has announced the addition of men’s lacrosse to its varsity sport offerings. The program will begin competition the spring of 2012.
Since transitioning to co-education in the fall of 2009, the department expanded immediately with the addition of men’s varsity programs in basketball, soccer and tennis. Starting in the 2010-2011 school year, the institution will add men’s and women’s cross country and men’s golf. The men’s lacrosse program will be the final program to be added from Rosemont’s Strategic Plan approved in May of 2008.
Currently, the department is conducting a search for the head coaching position. This position will recruit for the remainder of 2010 and all of 2011 for the inaugural spring 2012 season. As of the 2011-12 season, Rosemont will offer the following varsity athletic programs:
Click link below for more information
Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach Job Description
Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Part-time (Seasonal/Year round recruiting responsibilities)
FLSA Designation – Non-Exempt
Rosemont College, a NCAA Division III and Colonial States Athletic Conference member seeks candidates for the part-time position of Head Coach, Men’s Lacrosse for the Athletics Department. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the head coach will be responsible for the organization and management of the new men’s lacrosse program. This individual must have strong
interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills in order to teach/coach, recruit and deal with others both inside and outside the College.
This is a new program as part of Rosemont College’s major strategic plan inclusive of the transition to a co-educational institution in 2009-2010. The person hired for the position will spend the remainder of the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 academic years recruiting with the intent to begin varsity competition in the 2011-2012 year. Men’s lacrosse is the final phase of Rosemont Athletics’ additions in its co-educational transition.
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions which, are not listed in any
particular order of importance or significance:
1. Recruiting: identifies prospective student-athletes qualified for admission to Rosemont College; effectively communicates with prospective
student-athletes; effectively communicates and coordinates recruitment efforts with Rosemont’s Office of Admissions.
2. Coaching/Student-Athlete Experience: demonstrates knowledge of, and ability to develop, sport skills, strategies and philosophy; promotes
student-athlete welfare and provides appropriate mentoring to student-athletes and assistant coach.
3. Program Administration: operates within all College, Colonial State Athletic Conference and NCAA III guidelines; schedules practices; maintains inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies; carry out team travel according to established policies and procedures; effectively communicates within the Department and with the College community on matters pertaining to program. Will work with the Department of Athletics to secure playing and practice facilities off campus for the team.
4. Supervision: identifies, hires, trains and evaluates assistant coach, including volunteers; ensures that assistant coach/volunteer adhere to all
College, Colonial State Athletic Conference and NCAA III guidelines. Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Two to three years experience in coaching at the college level or significant experience coaching at the high school or club level, or
equivalent required and/or collegiate playing experience. Experience in start-up programs a plus.
3. Ability to recruit outstanding student-athletes to a strong academic environment.
4. Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both a team and individual setting.
5. A commitment to providing a positive role model and leadership to the team as well as excellent communication skills are required.
6. Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the College and its programs, personnel, and
7. Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Pennsylvania and a driving record insurable by the College’s insurer.
8. Successful clearance of a criminal history record check.
Send letters of interest, resume, and salary requirements
(unless otherwise indicated) to:
Office of Human Resources
1400 Montgomery Avenue
Rosemont, PA 19010
or fax to: 610-527-0341
or email email@example.com