Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 10/15/10
The Philly Lacrosse Showcase has announced that an impressive group of collegiate coaches – including Penn’s Karin Brower and Mike Murphy – will serve as field coordinators at the 2010 event on Nov. 20-21 at Episcopal Academy.
The Philly Lacrosse Showcase will feature as many as 600 of the top boys’ and girls’ scholastic players in the nation. Players are guaranteed to play in at least three games and the top players in the freshman/sophomore, junior and senior classes will be selected to play in the Gait Lacrosse Fab Forty All-Star Games in front of dozens of college coaches.
The boys’ event is sold out; spots remain in the girls’ event. Registration can be done online by clicking here.
Each field coordinator will oversee the games on their field (six will be used). The Showcase Boys’ field coordinators are:
• Kevin Burns, University of Massachusetts (assistant)
• Brian Jacovina, St. John’s University (assistant)
• Mike Murphy, University of Pennsylvania
• Brian Tilly, Hartford University (assistant)
• Peter Toner, Penn State University (assistant)
• Mark Williamson, Hobart College (assistant)
The Philly Girls’ Showcase field coordinators are:
• Laurie Anthony, King’s College
• Karin Brower, University of Pennsylvania
• Eileen Finn, University of Massachusetts (assistant)
• Lauren Morton (Gwynedd Mercy Academy), Boston University (assistant)
• Jackie Neary (Ridley), Cabrini University
• Candace Taglianetti (Haverfoird High), La Salle University
Additionally, college coaches continue to commit to attending the Showcases. Last year’s inaugural Philly Boys’ Showcase attracted coaches from 119 college programs. Showcase Lacrosse will publish a full list of all college coaches who have committed to attend the 2010 Showcases during the first week of November.