Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 10/7/10
The adidas All-American National Lacrosse Classic is being expanded to include a middle school boys’ academy division tournament.
Next summer 20 middle school teams from regions around the country – including Philadelphia – will compete for the adidas national championship for boys in grades 6,7 and 8. The tournament will be held in Maryland in early July.
The Lacrosse Advisory Board is directed by Duke University assistant coach Ron Caputo and is comprised of NCAA lacrosse coaches and professionals with the objective to develop and implement lacrosse related curriculum and events to help middle school players maximize their athletic, academic and psychological potential.
The All Star Lacrosse Academy and National Lacrosse Classic offers middle school student athletes with an opportunity to test their playing skills in a structured, unbiased format, conducted by the top high school lacrosse coaches. The event begins with a regional tryout process that will be modeled after the adidas National Lacrosse Classic – an event that has featured teams from the Philly region in each of its three years.
Players in grades 6, 7 and 8 can register now and participate in a regional team tryout next spring. There will be 20 regional team tryouts in eight different regions of the country.
Players also can register to participate in the adidas regional all-star academy. The adidas All-Star Lacrosse Academy features:
1. Regional teams will be coached by NCAA collegiate assistant coaches at the National Games
2. Regional teams will compete for a National Championship and chance to qualify to represent the United States for the Junior Brogden Cup in International Field Lacrosse Competition in Orlando, Florida
3. Daily All Star Academy curriculum geared for athletic training plus skills and mental development. Individual position training and break-out sessions presented by NCAA lacrosse coaches, post collegiate players, experts and professions in their field of work. A true family event and best way to better prepare for the future!
Upon enrollment, each player will receive the following items at the tryout:
1. adidas reversible jersey;
2. adidas lacrosse head;
3. 3 hours of individual position drills and game scrimmages;
4. Opportunity for selection to the to the regional team with invitation to attend the adidas All-Star Academy at the adidas National Lacrosse Classic in Maryland in 2011;
5. 52 Weeks “Quick Tips” from Victory Collegiate Consulting. Informative academic and athletic information to help better prepare for the high school level;
6. 2 Week Trial Membership to CollegeRecruiting.TV;
7. 4 Week Lacrosse Training eBook offered by Devoe Human Performance offers insights on specific lacrosse training for middle school players (featured expert in U.S. Lacrosse Magazine and Speaker at the U.S. Lacrosse National Convention).