Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/23/10
The Lax Guys’ National HS Rankings, courtesy of LaxPower, provides a comprehensive weekly ranking and analysis of the country’s top high school teams. The Lax Guys consist of Ty Xanders (Cloverdale on the Forum), Chris Kieser (LI13), and Ryan Summers (TheGilmanFan).
Each week, they will provide an updated ranking of the top 25 high school teams along with extensive commentary. To participate in the LaxPower discussion, please visit this link on the Boys’ High School Lacrosse Forum.
The Lax Guys’ National High School Rankings for Boys’ Lacrosse March 22
1. West Islip (NY, Sect 11) (last week: No. 3) First game: Sachem North 3/31
2. Deerfield Academy (MA, NE West) (4) First game: Brunswick 3/27
3. Lafayette (NY, Sect 3) (6) First game: @ Manlius-Pebble Hill 4/6
4. Salisbury School (CT, NE West) (7) First game: @ Boys’ Latin 4/3
5. Conestoga (PA) (8) First game: @ Landon 3/27
6. Calvert Hall (MD, MIAA) (2-0) (11) The Cardinals have been dominant in the only non-conference games they will play all season, securing wins over Canada’s Hill Academy and Western Reserve Academy (Ohio) by scores of 17-8 and 19-6, respectively. Replacing their two star attackmen doesn’t seem to be a problem, as Delaware-bound Tommy Holland has put up 12 goals already. Hall will have its first big game of the season on Thursday against archrival Loyola Blakefield, which has impressed so far this season.
7. Garden City (NY, Sect 8) (9) First game: Syosset 3/24
8. Georgetown Prep (MD, IAC) (6-0) (14) The Little Hoyas jump up in this week’s rankings after reeling off five wins since last week, most notably over Gilman by a score of 10-8. They then went on to secure victories from four teams at the Jesuit Lacrosse Classic: Loyola Academy (IL), Dallas Jesuit, Regis Jesuit (CO), and Fordham Prep (NY). GP has been putting up an average of 13.6 goals per game while giving up only 4 goals per game. Prep has a big test tomorrow at home against #18 St. Paul’s, a team they have had success with in the past few years.
9. Chaminade (NY, Catholic League) (10) First game: Massapequa 3/24
10. West Genesee (NY, Sect 3) (12) First game: Jamesville-DeWitt 3/30
To see No.s 11 through No. 25, click here
Honorable Mention: Haverford School (1-2, last week: No. 2)