By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/16/09
Radnor, Strath Haven and Episcopal Academy held the top three spots in the Phillylacrose.com Girls’ Rankings. Abington returned to the Top 10. Here afre the Rankings:
1. Radnor (7-0) – The Red Raiders overcame what will probably be their biggest test until they meet Strath Haven in the final game of the season Wednesday when they downed No. 3 Episcopal Academy, 11-9. They host Garnet Valley today. Last Week: No. 1
2. Strath Haven (7-0) – The Panthers face an old nemesis today at Central League foe Springfield-Delco, the team that knocked them out of the District 1 Class AA playoffs the past two years. Last Week: No. 2
3. Episcopal Academy (9-3) – EA lost its chance for an upset over against Radnor after taking an early 3-0 lead, but give it credit for taking on another national power. The Churchwomen should be battle tested as it returns to Inter-Ac League play Friday at No. 10 Notre Dame. Last Week: No. 3
4. Unionville (8-1) – The Indians have stamped themselves as the team to beat in the Ches-Mont League for either conference. They host Downingtown East today. Last Week: No. 5.
5. Bayard Rustin (7-1) – The Golden Knights claimed a big 18-8 win over former No. 4 Great Valley. They are off until they host Coatesville on Tuesday. Last Week: No. 6.
6. North Penn (7-0) – The Maidens travel to Pennridge today for their Suburban One Continental Conference showdown with the 9-0 Rams. Last Week: No. 8
7. Archbishop Wood (6-0) – The Vikings have had a number of games rained out. They host Cardinal O’Hara today in the Catholic League. Last Week: 9.
8. Baldwin School (4-1) – The Bears need to move on from Tuesday’s 21-9 rout at the hands of Episcopal. They host Springside School in another Inter-Ac game Friday. Last Week: No. 7
9. Notre Dame Academy (6-1) – The Fighting Irish, after a long layoff, return Friday to host Episcopal Academy in a key Inter-Ac contest. Last Week: No. 9.
10. Abington (6-1) – The Ghosts haven’t played since crushing Conestoga and Pennsbury last week. They travel to Council Rock North today. Last week: NR.
Teams to watch: (in alphabetic order) Boyertown, Conestoga, Downingtown East, Germantown Academy, Great Valley, Merion Mercy, Pennridge, Springfield-Delco, Villa Maria Academy.