By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/9/09
Radnor, Strath Haven and Episcopal Academy held the top three spots in the Phillylacrose.com Girls’ Rankings. Baldwin School and Archbishop Wood entered the rankings for the first time. Here is the top 10:
1. Radnor (5-0) – The Red Raiders annihilated Menlo School (Cal.), 26-6, in their Spring Break contest at the Wide World of Sports complex in Lake Buena Vista. They play at Lower Merion next Tuesday and then host No. 3 Episcopal Academy Wednesday. LW: No. 1
2. Strath Haven (6-0) – The Panthers handled Bishop Shanahan, 17-3, Wednesday. They are off until they travel to Garnet Valley Tuesday. LW: No. 2
3. Episcopal Academy (7-2) – EA took on the best Saturday when it played national powers Good Counsel (8-0, ranked 12th in the country) of Virginia and Sts. Stephen’s and Agnes (10-0 and ranked second) of Washington D.C. EA fell to Good Counsel, 14-7, and then 19-9 to Sts. Stephen’s and Agnes, but played competitively. Those games should help EA in its Inter-Ac League showdown with Baldwin School Tuesday and then with No. 1 Radnor on Wednesday. LW: No. 3
4. Unionville (7-1) – The Indians continue to cruise. They next play Tuesday against Downingtown West. LW: No. 6
5. Great Valley (7-0) – The Patriots clipped Menlo School, 20-11 on Wednesday. They have plenty of time off for their key Ches-Mont American game Tuesday against No. 6 Bayard Rustin. LW: No. 7.
6. Bayard Rustin (5-1) – The Golden Knights claimed a key 17-11 win over Downingtown East. They host Ridley tomorrow and then face the major test at Great Valley Tuesday. LW: No. 8
7. Baldwin School (3-0) – The Bears enter the Rankings after downing Notre Dame last week. They are at Shipley School tomorrow and then gear for their Inter-Ac showdown at Episcopal Tuesday. LW; NR
8. North Penn (6-0) – The Maidens are off to a strong start and can gear for their showdown April 16 at undefeated Pennridge in the Continental Conference of Suburban One. LW: No. 9
9. Archbishop Wood (5-0) – The Vikings remained perfect with Wednesday’s 11-5 win over Central Bucks South. They play at Lansdale Catholic in the Catholic League Tuesday. LW: NR
10. Notre Dame Academy (6-1) – The Fighting Irish dumped Downingtown West, 16-9, on Wednesday. They are off until April 17 when they host Episcopal in a key Inter-Ac contest. LW: No. 4
Teams to watch: (in alphabetic order) Abington, Boyertown, Conestoga, Downingtown East, Germantown Academy, Merion Mercy, Pennridge, Springfield-Delco, Villa Maria Academy.