By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/30/09
Radnor continued to hold the No. 1 spot in this week’s Phillylacrosse.com Girls’ Rankings:
1. Radnor (12-0) – The Red Raiders are clearly capable of running the table for the second straight year. They host Haverford today and play at neighboring Archbishop Carroll Friday. Last Week: No. 1
2. Unionville (11-1) – The young Indians have been perhaps the surprise team of the year under coach Wendy Landry. They are at Avon Grove today and play tomorrow at No. 4 Springfield-Delco. Last Week: No. 3.
3. Bayard Rustin (12-1) – The Golden Knights, who have won nine straight, host Henderson today and then No. 8 Strath Haven on Friday. Last Week: No. 4.
4. Springfield-Delco (12-2) – The Cougars have won 11 straight and remain one game behind Radnor in the Central League race. They host Garnet Valley today and then No. 2 Unionville Friday. Last Week: No. 6.
5. North Penn (14-0) – The Maidens continue to roll and have three more games in their pursuit of a perfect regular season. They host Pennridge Friday. Last Week: No. 5.
6. Villa Maria Academy (11-1) – The Hurricanes have won 10 in a row and are peaking at the right time. They host Gwynedd Mercy Academy today. Last Week: No. 10.
7. Episcopal Academy (14-4) – The Churchwomen have bounced back nicely since losing a five-goal halftime lead in a loss to Strath Haven at Katie Samson. They play at Germantown Academy Friday. Last Week: No. 2
8. Strath Haven (11-2) – The Panthers followed up their huge win over Episcopal Academy at Katie Samson by bowing to Villa Maria Monday. They host Upper Darby today and then gear for a matchup at No. 3 Bayard Rustin Friday. Last Week: No. 7.
9. Notre Dame (9-3) – The Fighting Irish return to the Top 10 after a key 15-14 win over Baldwin School. They host Agnes Irwin Friday. Last week: NR.
10. Baldwin School (9-2) – The Bears had a big win over Abington at Katie Samson, but fell two game back of the lead in the Inter-Ac with the loss to Notre Dame. They hope to bounce back Friday at home against Penn Charter. Last Week: No. 8.
Teams to watch: (in alphabetic order): Abington, Archbishop Carroll, Boyertown, Conestoga, Downingtown East, Downingtown West, Merion Mercy, Souderton.