Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/9/09
Radnor, the first Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association champion, finished atop the final Phillylacrosse.com Girls’ Rankings. The Rankings are based on overall record, strength of schedule and performance in the post-season.
1. Radnor (25-1) – The Red Raiders claimed the first PIAA championship and have gone 48-1 in the last two years.
2. Springfield-Delco (22-3) – The Cougars won the District 1 crown, their fourth straight (three were Class AA).
3. Strath Haven (21-5) – The Panthers went all the way to the PIAA finals.
4. Unionville (21-4) – The Indians won the Ches-Mont League crown and reached the PIAA Final Four.
6. Archbishop Carroll (15-6) – The Patriots won their ninth straight Catholic League crown and won one PIAA contest.
7. Bayard Rustin (18-5) – The Golden Knights placed fourth in the District 1 tourney.
8. North Penn (20-3) – The Maidens won the Suburban One Continental Conference crown.
9. Boyertown (19-4-1) – The Bears won their sixth straight Pioneer Athletic Conference title.
10. Abington (18-5) – The Ghosts won the Suburban One National Conference title.
11. Merion Mercy (15-5) – The Bears won the Athletic Association of Catholic Academies crown.
12. Notre Dame (14-5) – The Fighting Irish tied for second place in the Inter-Ac League and had a win over No. 2 Springfield-Delco.
13. Downingtown West (12-5-1) – The Whippets placed third in the Ches-Mont League.
14. Baldwin School (12-4) – The Bears tied for second in the Inter-Ac League.
15. Conestoga (10-7) – The Pioneers tied for fourth place in the Central League.
16. Villa Maria Academy (16-3) – The Hurricanes finished second in the Athletic Association of Catholic Academies.
17. Archbishop Wood (17-3) – The Vikings placed second in the Catholic League.
18. Downingtown East (12-8) – The Cougars tied for third in the Ches-Mont League.
19. Upper Dublin (16-3) – The Cardinals won the Suburban One American Conference title.
20. Great Valley (12-7) – The Patriots tied for fourth in the Ches-Mont League.
21. West Chester East (11-7) – The Vikings tied for fifth in the Ches-Mont League.
22. Germantown Academy (16-11) – The Patriots placed fourth in the Inter-Ac league.
23. Ridley (9-9) – The Green Raiders tied for fourth place in the Central League.
24. Central Bucks South (13-6) – The Titans placed second in the Suburban one Continental Conference.
25. Penncrest (11-8) – The Lions placed sixth in the Central League.