By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/26/08
The second Phillylacrosse.com Scholastic Boys Top 10 Poll:
1. Haverford School (3-0) – The Fords handled St. Joseph’s Prep, 11-4, and face a major test today when they play the nation’s top-ranked team in the STX/Inside Lacrosse National Poll, 3-0 Loyola Blakefield (Md.), at Washington College in Chestertown, Md. Last week: No. 1.
2. Malvern Prep (3-0) – The Friars looked strong in a 6-3 victory over Downingtown East. Last week: No. 2.
3. La Salle (3-1) – The Explorers routed St. Paul’s (Md.) 12-4 and Archbishop Wood, 11,5 in their Catholic League opener Tuesday. They play at Maryland power McDonogh today and then have Catholic League games against Conwell-Egan (Thursday) and North Catholic (Friday).
4. Downingtown East (2-1) – The Cougars struggled early against the Friars, but made it respectable with a strong fourth period. They play next at West Genesee (N.Y.) Saturday and at Ridley next Tuesday. Last week No. 3.
5. Garnet Valley (0-0) – The three-time defending Del-Val League champion Jaguars open at Sun Valley today. Last week: No. 5
6. Conestoga (0-0) – The defending Central League champion Pioneers open Friday at home against Bayard Rustin. Last week: No. 6
7. Penn Charter (4-2) – The Quakers routed Holy Ghost Prep, 11-2, on Tuesday. Last week: No. 7
8. Great Valley (2-0) – The Patriots defeated Radnor, 7-6, Tuesday as David Burbank had three goals and three assists and Jeff Merrill added three goals, including the game-winner. Rob Moccia was strong in the goal. Last week: No. 9
9. Germantown Academy (0-0) – The Patriots open today at home against Bishop Shanahan. Last week: No. 8
10. Episcopal Academy (3-2) – The Churchmen topped Downingtown West, 8-5, Tuesday after downing Penncrest, 10-6. Last week: No. 10.
Under consideration: Ridley, Lower Merion, West Chester Henderson, Abington, Central Bucks East.
Tags: Haverford Schools